1. It was hilly. 4,800ft of climb, most of it in the second half, and most of it made up of 20+ minute climbs.
2. I'm still recovering from running 104 miles a month ago and a marathon PB two weeks ago.
3. I spent a lot of time hanging around at checkpoints eating. At one of the three main checkpoints I had three slices of pizza, two pieces of quiche, some Jaffa cakes and a handful of jelly sweets.
4. The first few km after each checkpoint were pretty slow for some reason.
5. I kept stopping to take selfies because I'm practising to be a #DouchebagUltrarunner
I'll be quicker next week (unless there's pizza at the Potteries).